This blog is small by blogging standards. But, I didn’t expect my observations about the writings of a 16th century Carmelite nun to generate a lot of mainstream interest. Nevertheless, I have now reached 20,000 views for this blog. There have been visits from 94 countries including places like: Mauritius, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Isle of Man. I also had a blog visit from Vatican City (I wonder if it was the Pope?).
Here are a few favorite posts from the 235 I’ve published so far:
- The topic generating the most interest: Intellectual Visions.
- The marriage metaphor as it relates to spirituality is important to understanding the Interior Castle and many other spiritual writings. For a detailed discussion see Prayer, Poetry, and Sex.
- Teresa has brilliant metaphors to illustrate spiritual truth. In The Room she provides an excellent metaphor about the continuous presence of the Trinity.
- The late Dallas Willard was a professor at the University of Southern California’s School of Philosophy. He wrote a great summary of the Interior Castle. I captured highlights in a post called Dallas Willard and Teresa of Avila.
- An overview of this entire blog can be found in the Tour of the Interior Castle.
Most people reading my blog are looking for technical information about The Interior Castle. But I’ve also written other posts to highlight various aspects of the spiritual life. Examples include:
Merry Christmas and thank you for taking the time to read Teresa of Avila Turns 500.